Crane Eye Care is a comprehensive ophthalmic, optometric and LASIK surgery practice devoted to enhancing and correcting your eyesight by using state-of-the-art technology that will result in better vision, and a better quality of life. We are located in Lihue in the Hana Kukui Center, the same building where you will find Kauai Island Utility Cooperative (KIUC), right behind Kauai’s Home Depot.
What makes us different from other eye doctors on Kauai?
Crane Eye Care is different because we have the only physician on Kauai that performs LASIK. Dr. Crane, Certified Member of the American Board of Ophthalmology, is extremely experienced with the LASIK procedure and has been performing it on patients since it was first introduced to the market. He uses the most advanced laser technology and has performed over a thousand laser eye surgeries. And, Dr. Crane is the only eye surgeon on Kauai that offers cataract patients IOL technology.
Timothy B. Crane, M.D.
Eye Physician and Surgeon
Dr. Crane has been in practice on Kauai since 1982 and is a Certified Member of the American Board of Ophthalmology and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Crane also has the designation of being the only Neuro Ophthalmologist on Kauai, specializing in diseases affecting vision that originate from the nervous system. He is also the only all laser LASIK surgeon on Kauai and is a recognized expert in cataract and corneal transplant surgery.
- Board Certified American Board of Ophthalmology
- UCLA, Fellowship Training Neuro-ophthalmology
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- University of Nebraska, M.D. Degree
- University of Nebraska, Ophthalmology
- Phi Beta Kappa and Honors Graduate University of Kansas, BA Degree
- In practice continuously on Kauai since 1982
- Most experienced eye surgeon on Kauai
- Corneal Transplantation
- No shot, no stitch, no patch, microincision cataract specialist
- Kauai’s only all laser LASIK surgeon
- Specialist in reducing your need for glasses or contact lenses
- Hospital Affiliates: Wilcox Memorial Hospital, Kauai Veteran’s Hospital, Straub Hospital and Tripler Army Hospital
- Consistently voted the Best of the Best- ask a friend, your neighbor or even a nurse
Crane Eye Care Staff
At Crane Eye Care we believe that a high standard of excellence in personalized care enables us to provide the quality eye care services that our patients deserve. We provide comprehensive treatment planning and follow strict standards that ensure your eye treatment, surgery or eye care procedure will go smoothly and provide you with the results you desire.
The Crane Eye Care staff is here for you. Please feel free to contact any of our professional staff members with any questions you may have about your eye care needs. We care about you and your vision.
Janel Patterson – Optician & Eyewear Consultant
- Janel has been a part of the Crane Eye Care Ohana since 2013.
Soni Cummings, ABOC – Executive Vice President of Operations & Certified Optician
- Soni has been a part of the Crane Eye Care Ohana since 1998.
- She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Executives.
Kim Naea – Clinical Manager
- Kim has been a part of the Crane Eye Care Ohana since 1990.
- She is also a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Executives.
Kristin Puni – Medical Billing Specialist
- Kristin has been a part of the Crane Eye Care Ohana since 2006.
- She began her career with Crane Eye Care as a front desk patient coordinator and has since become our billing specialist.
Marylou Mindoro – Patient Care Associate
- Marylou has been a part of the Crane Eye Care Ohana since 2012.
Kristen Apana – Ophthalmic Assistant and Surgery Coordinator
- Kristen has been with the Crane Eye Care ohana since early 2014.
- She graduated from Pacific University with a B.S. in Biology and joins us with over four years of experience in ophthalmology.
Eileen Navarro – Certified Ophthalmic Assistant and LASIK Coordinator
- Eileen has been with the Crane Eye Care ohana since 2007.
- She has over 10 years of experience in ophthalmology.
Kylie Taniguchi – Ophthalmic Assistant and Optician
- Kylie has been with the Crane Eye Care ohana since 2015.
- She graduated from Colorado Mesa University with a B.A. in Kinesiology.
Mahalo for allowing us to take care of your eye care needs and look forward to serving you.
Make an appointment today in our Kauai ophthalmology office by calling 808.246.0110. We’d love to hear from you!